Wednesday, December 9, 2009

9 Dec 2009: Putting this course to work for me

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn in this participatory, dialogue-based course.

I did more work for this class than all my others combined. This class offered very hands-on learning that was immediately applicable to my personal, academic, and career goals and plans.

What did I learn that I will put to work for me?

* Do the literature review early on and extensively (this includes emailing/talking to experts).

* Identify a critical question of which I'm prepared to become an expert in that key area.

* Research the donor/organization well and only proceed with a match.

* "Do Budget first," Wiley said. (Before narrative, justification, resumes, methodologies.)

* Work with team regularly. (Sort out roles, responsibilities, expectations.) Carve & share work.

* Have that crucial conversation. (Kicking people off the team.)

* If I hadn't had this class, I would not have: met with Aaron, met with ORCA, met with Dean Young, collaborated intimately with 4 professors, nor submitted the grant proposal to 3ie.

No comments:

Post a Comment